Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Orleans - Joie de vivre

The music of the French Quarter Festival was amazing (as you can see from my previous post) but away from the stages the city of New Orleans itself kept us captive. The street life was convivial, the food was succulent, the drinks were dangerously tasty and the people were full of the joy of living. We explored the Quarter then spun in concentric circles like whirling dervishes radiating out to Magazine Street, St Charles Avenue, Uptown, the Garden District, Carrollton and Mid-City. I'll list some cool places we patronized in my next post but for now check out the vibe that emanates from that crescent curve on the shores of the mighty Missisippi in the city we call the Big Easy.

Enjoy the music. It's the Rebirth Brass Band doing "Fell Like Funkin' It Up".

2 comments:

DAN said...

Awesome video!! Did you edit and superimpose the music yourself? Excellent work--

Bob Welch said...

Yeah I did it all my self on iMovie. (Mac iBook)