Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cab Giant - San Francisco

I flagged down a cab and went to get in the back door on the driver's side but when I looked in I was surprised to see the driver himself in back seat. I kid you not. I went around the other side of the car and got in.


Looking over I see the driver seat is pushed back as far as it can go, crushing the back seat. It's leaned back so the driver's shoulders and head are even with mine. Darnedest thing I've ever seen. This guy must have modified the seat himself because seats don't normally push that far back. I imagine this guy pissed one day, squeezing himself in the car and by shear force pushing and bending the seat backward to fit himself in. Grrrr!


My cab giant guy is huge. He looks like the guy in the Bond movies named Jaws. Remember him? He was the giant with chrome teeth who could break you in half like a toothpick. I looked down the length of his prone body. Even "sitting" in the back seat his knees straddle either side of the steering wheel and are crushed against the dash. He's got to be 8' tall!


I wondered if this was a good move getting into a car with "Jaws" but it all turned out well. He didn't break me in half, he spoke like a gentle giant, we talked, I lived and he dropped me at the right address.

No comments: