Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mudville 9 - New York City

Bob Seger is singing to that smoky beat Down on Main St. I'm downing an ice cold Coors Light and the smell of Western NY fills my nose as the hot air pushes the eye-tearing smell of chicken wings up my nose!

Ahhh, the small pleasures of life.

As my mouth starts to burn, Boston rocks the room with Rock-n-Roll Band and if I close my eyes I'm back in college at Big Daddy's or the Falconcrest in 1982. REO Speedwagon and Springsteen take me to half a beer and an empty plate. ...and then, the mood ends.

The Eagles come on the jukebox. Ughhh...

I look up to see the traitor Johnny Damon hit a two run homer to put the Yankees ahead of the Red Sox. I'm jolted back to 2007. I'm in a little bar called the Mudville 9 on Chambers Street in NYC. Reality's a bitch but NYC loves classic rock-n-roll.

As Big Papi pops out I'm back in the groove draining my beer. The Kinks rock through Paranoia, Billy Squire tells me Lonely is the Night and the fake Springsteen Beaver Brown croons about The Dark Side. Heart wants to go Crazy on Me as I leave but I think I'll just go to bed. :)

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device 8/28/07

No comments: