Friday, May 4, 2007

The LA Waiting Game

Well I ditched the Third St. Promenade and went to check out Marina Del Ray. Kind of a boring harbor. Nice but ....not spectacular. The Fisherman's Village area sucks!! Bogus. It's a run down faux facade New England fishing village. All vacant, run down and blahhh! Gack!

So I lugged my rolling super computer and overnight sack along the harbor until I heard the strains of dub reggae electronica. I looked up to see a place called jer-ne. Of course I entered. I was in an uber designed harbor front bar in the Marina Del Ray Ritz Carlton. A glass of Ray's Station Cabernet Sauvignon quickly made me forget I was wearing new shoes.

As the wine worked it's magic, the sun set and the lights began to twinkle over the harbor. I guess it's a fine harbor after all. :)

One from the road. Over and out.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: